Friday, March 30, 2012

Bad Karma?

   Two days ago, I brought home a laptop that belongs to a woman at work. She had asked me in the past to look at it for her and I told her to just bring it in and I'll fix it. She said she'd pay me and I told her repeatedly that it wasn't necessary as I am happy to help. She never brought it in.
   That was about two months ago. Well, three days ago, she asked again and made me the same offer and I told her to just bring it in, I'll take it home and fix it. She offered again to pay me, I told her again several times that it was completely unnecessary.
   Over the past two nights, I spent ten hours of various involvement getting her computer back up to par. Yesterday, she asked if I got a chance to look at it and I told her that I did, but I needed to ask her some questions about various programs in it and after I got those answers it would be done that night and I'd bring it in today. She said again she would pay me, I said no. Well, I brought it in to her today as promised and she waited until I left my desk and sneaked me a thank you card with a buttload of money in it. She won't take it back.
   I have never charged anyone for fixing anything ever and I've been feeling really weird about it since I got it. It took me four hours just to put it in my pocket. It doesn't feel right so I'm just going to give the money away. I don't even know if that will un-weird this. It feels like bad karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment