Saturday, March 24, 2012

Awesome Awesome Awesome Night

   Man, I hopped on the bike at 11:00 p.m. tonight with the sort-of promise that there was karaoke at this bar in Gloucester called The Highland. I like me some karaoke, sorry. I do some righteous Doors and if yer real special, I'll hit you with Just A Gigolo (that got me felt up by a complete stranger in N. Carolina, btw, and I can prove it) and you will get squishy. Karaoke's gay? Eh, fuck you. Anyway, just got home.
   The Highland is a house. No shit. It's a fucking house. A house where the entire downstairs has been converted into a bar. Yo, and it's in a neighborhood and every house in that neighborhood looks just like it. Crazy. Don't laugh, this place does business like you can't believe.
    I was there last weekend on St. Patty's Day. I can't prove that because I have absolutely no recollection of that at all. That dismays me because I have severely cut down on my drinking. Severely. But it was St Patty's Day, I wasn't expecting to go out that night on a pub crawl. Plus I had been at Ray's, been out on a ride, so after four or five bars prior, I was hucking fammered by the time we allegedly hit the Highland. It really bothers me that I don't remember going there. I mean really. Doesn't matter though. I'm on good behavior. St. Pat. Fuck it. That's life. Whatever.
  I was nervous going there though because I heard I pissed on the place, got flashed, and was my "normal obnoxious self" (which is endearing, trust me). There were a lot of people there tonight. I was afraid I might get my ass kicked unexpectedly by a complete stranger. Gloucester's a tough neighborhood and they don't forget shit.
   Thought my sister in law might be there or her boyfriend. Didn't spot them right off. I was relieved that no one there wanted to kick my ass, so I guess I was pretty normal on St. Pats despite no recollection (god, that hurts to type and read, but this is life and it is what it is).
  Anyway, tonight after a while watching the band (no karaoke), my sister in law spotted me. And she totally sucked my cock and yo, we FUCKED! Just kidding. I wouldn't fuck her, she's a blonde. No, she was there with her boyfriend and they were there with their people and I met all of them and man, fucking A, we all had a good fucking time.
   I only had a couple of brews and among all the awesome people I met tonight, I met a woman who was there with her husband and they're from San Diego and going back tomorrow and she USED TO BE HOMELESS TOO! Now she buys parts for stealth spy planes! How cool is that? And she was homeless with a KID!
   It was so fucking great to hang out and talk to someone who can actually relate to your life and you can swap stories about the shittiest stuff and laugh about it! And they don't look at you like some fucked up stranger. Awesome awesome awesome. And her husband was cool as shit too, funny motherfucker. My kind of sense of humor. Talking to him like I've known him for ten years.
   In fact, I talked to everybody I met tonight like that. Wish I could be that guy all the time. Good ride back, too. Great fucking night.

Would've dug some karaoke though....

No comments:

Post a Comment