Monday, September 24, 2012

The Tree I Call 'Satan's Asshole'...

...dropped another bomb in my backyard Saturday night. This time it was a nice hefty fifty-footer.


  So much for the swingset. I guess the forty foot rope swing will just have to do from now on. The branch feel from a tree in my backyard that I refer to as "Satan's Asshole". This mother fucker is always dropping giant loads in my yard. Behold, Satan's Asshole:


  Some people may get upset about having to deal with this kind of shit, but I actually don't mind it really. There are very few things in life that I can truly focus on and this is one of them. I really enjoy having to plot out the safest route through these "droppings" and the danger of it all really puts my brain on point. The cutting on the right of this last break in the above picture was a perfect example. I had to get up in that tree with my twenty-inch and cut down a fucking monster branch and second only to smashing my old Honda CRX head-on into a pole, it was one of the scariest things I've had to face. That one I landed perfectly and all the plotting and planning beforehand paid off and that moment when the branch let go was just a rush and when it didn't come back on me and kill me, just fantastic. The one to the right of that was a similar experience. So, it's all good I guess.

   This is me and my twenty yesterday, part way through clearing:


I am the Slayer of Satan's Asshole

This is two hours into the cutting (includes break-time);







No comments:

Post a Comment