Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Pop English


   Today, Merriam Webster announced their annual picks for inclusion in the English language. Some of the new official words are "energy drink", "F-bomb", and "sexting". Thanks MW. Thanks for nothing.
  "F-bomb" is so old, that "fuck" is almost acceptable at this point. "Energy drink" is a marketing term, so who gives a shit, and "sexting" is a word that except for right here, I will never use because it's fucking retarded. When my wife asks what I am doing on my phone, I will continue to tell her "I'm deleting old contacts".
  I once sent MW a suggestion for a word. It was 'imjuqueritous' (I swear that is true).  I did it in the true fashion of word construction and I looked up Latin words defining various points of the definition. It took me quite some time to do. While the word is slightly cumbersome, it is a true word.
   "Imjuqueritous" was a word that I had to construct to describe a search for a thing that does not exist. Ironically, I was forced to do that because a word to describe such a thing also did not exist. So, I made it and I sent it to Websters. Sadly however, Merriam never contacted me regarding my new word and because of that, I cannot write them to tell them about my search for such a word because I have no word to describe my plight.
   I tell you what, It's rough being me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment