Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Marketing

  Today, my awesome assistant - Jackie Attackie - got a newsletter from a seafood news resource and in it was an article about a Norwegian ad campaign available on Youtube. Jackie Attackie can't watch vids on youtube because a security camera points right at her computer. I - on the other hand - do not have one pointing at mine. With that, me and J.A. were presented with a commercial the likes that I have never seen or could have ever even imagined.
   It occurred to the both of us (Jackie has a bachelor's in marketing) right away that this campaign was pitched in a boardroom, probably alongside other ideas that somehow proved inferior to this one. It was approved, choreographed (yes, I said "choreographed" about a seafood commercial), auditioned, cast, filmed, re-approved, and released.
  Personally, I would kill to see the ideas that were rejected if this is the one that they went with. And they shot several of these. However, I am only going to post one. Oddly enough, if I heard Jackie right, the article claims that this campaign has been successful which may be true as even I find myself writing about it.
   I, for one, am extremely surprised by this as this commercial has every single thing on Earth that I hate the very most all crammed into forty-nine seconds.

Everything In The World That I Hate (a list);
  1. Interpretive Dance
  2. Jazz
  3. Dudes with beards in orange satin leotards
  4. Feet
      Despite all of these elements contained in such a short time-span as if a personal things-I-hate-concentrate, I am finding myself watching it and also thinking that tonight, I'm ordering Tekka Maki. Of course that could be all that acid I did when I was nineteen and twenty coming back around on me...
   Whatever the case may be, I present you the most bizarre advertisement ever in the history of advertising. Behold, The Human Sushi:


   There's two more if you somehow weren't able to finish yourself off in 49 seconds...

No comments:

Post a Comment